HAL-PC Board of Directors
Houston Area League of PC Users
Board of Directors
Agenda for Regular Meeting to be held
Thursday, May 26, 2011, at HAL-PC Headquarters,
SIG Room A
I. Call to order at 7:00 p.m.
II. Minutes delayed.
- President's Report, Sibley Cooley
- First Vice-President (SIGs), Claudia Ludwig
- Vice-President Programs, Sibley Cooley
- Vice-President Communications, Jay Kraker
- Discussion by Robert Spotswood of various meetings with Aldridge representative
- Membership Secretary, DJ Brown
- Treasurer, Jerald Linsley
- Financial Statement
IV. Old Business
- Tabled motion about conduct of president
- Tabled motion to obtain upgrade to the security system for $5,000 until we have adequate facts about what we want to order and multiple bids on that and not necessarily simply fix what we got.
- Internal security
- Annual Meeting
- Report from Called Meeting of May 12, 2011
- Potential for Program
- Storage item status
- The next Board of Directors meeting is scheduled for June 23, 2011at 7:00pm
V. New Business
- Motion to accept Jim Mehrmann’s resignation from the HAL-PC Board of Directors
- Motion to accept resignation of VP Communications
- Motion to elect VP Communications
- Motion to elect Executive Committee Member
- DISCUSSION: Do we need to hire a CEO (Chief Ex Officer), or COO (Chief Operating officer or OO (Operations officer) or EO or OO (Operations officer) or EO (Executive Officer) or Administrator, or other similar job functions.
- Motion to direct the President or acting President to appoint a committee to begin the search for the above mentioned person, that will direct and manage the HAL-PC office activities on a full-time or part-time basis as a "contractor." The committee will conduct a "financial feasibility study" for this position and forward potential candidates to the next meeting of the BOD (within 30 days of its appointment) and said committee to present the candidate(s) to the BOD for approval to hire said individual or any other means granted by our Bylaws.
- Motion to have search among members for Presidential candidate(s).
HAL-PC Recording Secretary